Purpose: Enabling participants to identify cultural differences in business relations and to teach the techniques on how to avoid conflicts that may arise between different business cultures.
Why are we all so different?
• Layers of cultures
• Initial approach for identification and categorization of differences
Different meanings assigned to general concepts
in business cultures
• Employees & company goals
• The role of the manager
Differences of general beliefs and norms
between business cultures
Relationships among employees
• Communication problems between neutral and affective cultures
• Differences between specific and diffuse approaches to business
• Possible conflicts between individualism and communitarianism
• Differences between cultures focusing on relations vs cultures focusing on rules.
• How do ascription-focused cultures differ from achievement-focused cultures
Relationship with time
• Perceptions of Past - Present - Future
• Synchronic vs sequential business process management
Relationship with external environment
• Internal planning and control – Western model
• Conformity with external factors – Eastern model
What do the managers think about each other?
• Turkish managers perspective of foreigners
• Foreigners perspective of managers in Turkey
*Entire workshop consists of real life experiences and business cases.